Click to Home
Go To Search
Public Works
San Jose Home
Contact Us

Public Works
Utilities Section

200 E. Santa Clara Street
3rd floor
San Jose, CA 95113

Ph: (408) 975-7455

Utility Company Listings

Our customers include:

The Utilities Section of Public Works is also responsible for the plan review and permit issuance for construction projects by other Governmental Agencies within the City of San Jose jurisdiction.

Other agencies we routinely work with include:

  • Caltrans (State of California Department of Transportation)
  • VTA (Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority)
  • SCVWD (Santa Clara Valley Water District)
  • County of Santa Clara 
  • Neighboring Cities (Cities of Campbell, Milpitas, Santa Clara, Town of Los Gatos)

As mentioned above, the Utilities Section only issues permits to Utility Companies and Governmental Agenices; if you are a Private contractor, consultant, property owner, etc. who needs an encroachment permit to work or place facilities in the Public Right-of-Way, please contact the Development Review section for one of their Encroachment permits.